Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Here goes nothing....

Well, fibromyalgia has been kicking my butt lately. I hate to bring all of my Facebook friends down with random updates about how I'm feeling. I have chosen to instead vent my feelings here. If people want to read it, great!! If not, I'm cool with that too.

I was diagnosed with fibro in October of last year. However, I have been dealing with the symptoms for over 15 years now. What is fibromyalgia? Most days I am tired and sore. Some days I have a migraine, some days anxiety, and other days IBS. It hurts to have my kids sit on my lap or have me hold them. I grit my teeth to get through a cuddling session with them. I love my kids more than anything in the world and they deserve a healthier mom.

Many people  didn't know about my diagnosis until I started a Fibromyalgia Awareness Day event on facebook. The support that came from friends and family was wonderful. Thank you to all of you that participated. Fibro Fighters!!

I feel like I should be more eloquent with my words, but I'm very foggy today and am having a hard time even putting 2 words together. Just another glorious symptom.

I am an optimist though and I am thankful for everything that the Lord has given me. It's a blessing that my two boys can drive me crazy, because that means they are healthy enough to have their non stop energy. It's a blessing that I still feel the need to have my parents be proud of me and the decisions I make, because that means I still have my parents around to please. It's a blessing that I don't have as much money as I would like on a daily basis, because the reason we are low on money is because we have been blessed with the ability to own two house. I will be very thankful when the other one sell though! I am blessed with an incredible husband who wants to take care of me even though I know I frustrate him sometimes.


Today I am home from work due to fever, fatigue, and general pain. I just started working with a chiropractor. I have an appointment soon and I am ready to get this show on the road. I know that the adjustments will make my pain worse right now, but eventually I have faith that they will allow some major relief.

Well, vent over. I appreciate all of my friends and family that continue to support me, even when they can't see what is going on. Fibromyalgia is called an invisible illness which causes strain on my relationships with people that don't want to take the time to care about something they don't believe exists.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caiti! It's a good start!! Keep it up and trust that your sharing is good for you and for those of us who need to learn about your struggle!!

    ReplyDelete