Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Inspiration

My grandparents have requested an upbeat post today, so here you go!




Meet Bob and Phyllis, my maternal grandparents. These two are an incredible couple that will be celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary this week. My grandpa is a Methodist minister, a carpenter, a farmer, a former sheet metal worker, and one of the funniest people I have ever met. He is also a loving husband, father, brother, grandfather, and great-grandfather. My grandma is a fabulous baker, a wonderful sewer, a musician at heart, a follower of Jesus, and loves each of us for who we are.

Grandpa spoke at our wedding almost 9 years ago. He spoke of the holiness of marriage and wished me the longevity of his and Grandma's union. This was the one moment in my wedding that I fully remember and the only time that I cried that day. My sister, McKenna, was married this past March and Grandpa did the same for her. I cried again at his words on that day as well.

These two raised 3 wonderful and creative children. Gayle, (my mom), Dan, and Marcey. In turn they received 7 grandchildren: Colin, Caiti, John, Kendra, Nora, McKenna, and Will. And so far, have welcomed 3 great-grandchildren into their lives: Kyla, Cole, and Griffin.

The last few years have been rougher for Grandpa and Grandma. They have both faced medical problems, surgeries, chemo, and lots of doctor appointments. When I saw them over the weekend, that was so far from my mind. They haven't let their setbacks keep them down and that provides real inspiration in my life. If they can survive and even flourish day to day, then I think that I can too. I mean, it must be in the genes right?

I love you guys! I am proud and honored to be your granddaughter. Blessed, I am blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment